2013 Submissions Open Oct 1-Nov 15, 2013
PhotoPhilanthropy believes in the power of photography to inspire hope and understanding and to connect people around the world. All subjects photographed should be treated with respect, compassion and dignity.
PhotoPhilanthropy reserves the the right to reject any submission based on quality, content or theme.
Please review the Submission Guidelines before continuing.
Photo essays must meet the following requirements to be eligible:
- Submitted photos must depict the work of a charitable organization (designated by 501(c)3 in the US, or international equivalent) and be presented as a photo essay. Collaboration with the charitable organization will be verified.
- All photographs in the essay must have been taken within the last 3 years.
- Photographers may enter no more than two essays in the same year.
- An essay entered in a previous year of the competition may not be re-entered.
- All submissions will be reviewed by the PhotoPhilanthropy team for accuracy of information.
- Written essays may be edited for clarity.
Photo essays must be entered into one of three categories. Please select the category that best represents your status in order to reach the submissions page:
- Professional Photographer: Any individual who earns the majority of their living from photography.
- Amateur Photographer: Any individual who does not earn the majority of their income from photography.
- Student Photographer: Any current student with less than two years of professional work including internships.
Mobile Photography Award
For the first time in the history of the Activist Awards, PhotoPhilanthropy is offering a mobile photography award to complement its traditional student, amateur, and professional category awards for most compelling documentary photography essays completed on behalf of nonprofits. The mobile photography award will be a separate category award open to all photographers irrespective of their skill level. You can enter a mobile photography submission to be considered in addition to a traditional submission. If you are entering a mobile photography submission, please make sure to select ‘yes’ in the Mobile Photography portion of the submission form.