Submissions for the 2014 Activist Awards will open in October 2014. Sign up to our mailing list to receive updates about the Awards.
The PhotoPhilanthropy Activist Awards identify outstanding work done by photographers in collaboration with nonprofit organizations worldwide, with prizes ranging from $5,000-$15,000.
Since the Activist Award’s inception in 2009, PhotoPhilanthropy has received work from more than 600 photographers in 90 different countries, showcasing the work of more than 450 nonprofit organizations.
Read about the winners and finalists of the 2013 Activist Awards here.
Categories and Prizes
Photo essays must be entered into one of two categories:
- Professional Photographer – $15,000 Grand Prize: Any individual who earns the majority of their living from photography.
- Emerging Photographer – $5,000 Grand Prize: Any individual who does not earn the majority of their income from photography.
Entries are judged in two rounds by a distinguished Activist Awards Jury with the finalists and winners announced in March of each year.
- Before entering the Activist Awards, please review our Submissions Guidelines.
- If you have additional questions, please refer to our list of FAQs.
- If you have questions regarding how to create an effective photo essay, please refer to our Photo Essay Tips.
- If you have additional questions email us at [email protected].